What time does the school day start and finish?
- The school day begins at 8:00 a.m. for all grades. The school day ends for TK -5th at 2:40 p.m. and for 6th-12th at 2:50 p.m.
Are uniforms required?
- Yes, in grades TK-5th. You must purchase the uniform shirt through our school vendor, Lands’ End, and wear solid colored navy or khaki bottoms. Grades 6th-12th follow an appearance code guideline. More detailed information for both Lower School and Upper School is found in our parent/student handbook.
What is the tuition and is automatic draft an option for paying tuition?
- Tuition and fees are located under the admissions tab. Automatic draft is the main option for tuition payments and is usually over a 12 month period. Our business office will assist you in your payment plans.
Is financial assistance available?
- Yes. Once you apply to UFCA, you will follow the FAST link to apply for tuition assistance. Contact admissions for more information.
Are scholarships available?
Do you offer hot lunch?
- Yes, though the Lunch Basket Cafe! Lunch is made and served fresh daily. Lower School Parents can pay for your student’s lunch by clicking on the Lunch Basket Menu. Upper School students can simply bring money to pay for lunch any day of the week or use the Lunch Basket Menu link. For more information, please contact the school office.
Do students go on field trips?
- Field trips are arranged by individual class teachers at all grade levels.
Are service hours required of my high school student?
- Instead of requiring a mandatory number of service hours, we offer our students service experiences in order to teach them how to serve their community. An example would be spending a day at Operation Christmas Child’s sorting warehouse in the fall semester.
Does my child get a locker and is there a fee?
- We do not require fees for lockers, and all students in grades 5th through 12th are issued lockers.
What makes UFCA unique?
- We have an established International Student Program, where your child will be able to meet fellow students from around God’s world. Students have come from more than 12 countries including South Korea, China, Macedonia, Columbia, Sudan, South Africa, Dominican Republic, Russia, England, Serbia, Japan, and Croatia.
What is the “Be the Blessing” program?
- It is our mentorship program between our Lower School students and Upper School students. We pair buddies in TK-6th grade, K-7th grade, 1st-8th grade, and so forth up to 5th-12th grade. Opportunities to strengthen the buddy relationships are supervised by Lower School teachers and Upper School advisors.
Do you offer AP and honors level courses for high school students?
- Yes. All high school core classes can be taken at the honors level. UFCA is proud to offer these AP classes:
- AP US History
- AP Calculus
- AP Literature and Composition
- AP Studio Art
- AP Government