Advanced Placement Courses
Advanced Placement courses allow a student to compete on the 6.0 scale. Most colleges grant college credit with a grade of 3 or better on the AP exam. All students who take AP courses at UFCA are required to take the AP exam for each AP course. The cost for this exam is the responsibility of the student and must be paid before the exam is taken.
Lower School students are recognized within their classrooms for academic and other achievements per each individual teacher’s recommendation.
Upper School students are recognized at the end of the school year for their academic, athletic and fine arts achievements. The following award criteria are utilized in such recognitions:
- Core Subject Award – Students who have a 93% average grade in a core subject including foreign language after three quarters.
- ACSI Awards: Students who participated in the ACSI competitions – Math Olympics, Spelling Bee and Creative Writing.
- Fine Arts:
- ACSI Awards – students who participated in the ACSI competition for Art.
- Participation Award – Students who participated in Fine Arts.
- Student Government – Class Officers and Student Leadership
- National Honor Society – member of National Honor Society
- Athletic Awards – The following awards are presented to students involved in athletics at United Faith Christian Academy:
- Team Participation: Students who dedicated themselves to practice and participation in conference, non-conference, and tournament games as a part of a team sport.
- Athletic Team Awards: Students are chosen by coaches and/or teammates in the following categories:
- Most Valuable Player
- Most Improved Player
- Christian Character
- Coach’s Award
- Scholar Athlete Award (Grades 9-12 only): Students who have maintained a 3.25 GPA or higher and played on one or more Varsity team in the current year.
- Falcon Awards – Awarded by the Head of School to two Middle School and two High School students (one male, one female from each division). Recipients are well-rounded representatives of UFCA’s vision, mission, and values. Student who receive a Falcon Award are not eligible to receive it again while in that division (i.e., Middle School, High School).
- Wall of Honor – Athletes who are honored on this wall have been students at UFCA for at least two years, have been named to an NCISAA All-State Team, and have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA.